As an eco-conscious business we aim to live by our values in our day-to-day processes and procedures, in the materials used in our products, and in how we live our lives. This is why we carry out our business in accordance with a set of pillars of purpose. These are:
Put planet and people first
Most important to us as an organisation is that we do what is right by the planet and its people over profits.
All individuals and organisations credentials are assessed before we partner with anyone. If they do not meet our standards on matters such as justice, diversity, equality, inclusion, responsibility, we will not work with them.
Buy direct from makers and producers
Where we can we buy straight from makers and producers so that as much of the profits from their products go directly to them.
We bank with Triodos Bank because they help to create a society that protects and promotes quality of life and human dignity for all. They are a registered B Corp and value sustainability, transparency, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
Collaboration and co-creation
We want to nurture a community of like-minded people who share values around living an ethical and sustainable lifestyle.
This is why we encourage each and every one of you to collaborate with us however you see fit. Whether it is telling us about a great independent businesses, contributing to our blog, reviewing products or feeding back on our service, we want to hear from you so we can make Verdantly the greatest community it can be.
Be environmentally responsibleWe live by our values, and this is why we endeavour to:
- Minimise our carbon footprint: We do this by buying from local and UK based businesses only.
- Use renewable energy: Our office and warehouse are powered 100% renewable energy from Good Energy, rated as a Best Buy by Ethical Consumer.
- Minimise waste: We ask that our supplies send their products in recycled and recyclable package where possible, and all packaging received is either recycled or reused in the parcels we send out to customers. That is why you might sometimes get a reused box or packaging with your order.
- Promote informed choice: We want you to be able to make informed choices about the products you buy and the businesses you support. This is why we provide as much information as we can about the company and product for every item.
- Give back: Our business is run as ethically and sustainably as possible, but we want to do more to contribute to the world in which we live. This is why we support a number of charities that work in environmental conservation and animal welfare to ensure our organisation is supporting our planet prosper.