This nail polish is free from:
- Formaldehyde: A known human carcinogen, and can cause cancer.
- Formaldehyde resin: Derived from formaldehyde. It’s not as toxic or harmful, but can still be an allergen.
- Toluene: A liquid solvent used as a nail polish thinner. It can make you feel dizzy & sick. It is also a skin irritant and may cause liver damage as well as foetal development damage to unborn babies. This chemical is derived from petroleum.
- DBP: A commonly used plasticiser that has been linked to cancer.
- Camphor: A poison, plasticiser, and rust repellent. This chemical acts as a cover on your nails, it prevents them from receiving essential natural vitamins from sunlight and oxygen.
- Xylene: An aromatic hydrocarbon widely used as a solvent.
- Ethyl tosylamide: Serves as a plasticizer and film-former in nail polish.
- Triphenyl phosphate: A flame retardant and plasticizer. An increasing number of studies have linked exposure to Triphenyl phosphate with reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, metabolic disruption, endocrine effects, and genotoxicity.
- Parabens: A type of preservative used to prolong shelf life in many health and beauty products. They have been linked to breast cancer and reproductive issues.